God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them (Genesis 1:27)
God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good (Genesis 1:31)
"from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die" (Genesis 2:17)
"I am God, and there is no other;
"[I am] God, and there is no one like Me,
"Declaring the end from the beginning,
"And from ancient times things which have not been done, Saying,
"'My purpose will be established,
"'And I will accomplish all My good pleasure'" (Isaiah 46:9-10)
AND God made humankind in the image and according to the likeness of God (Genesis 1:26 and Genesis 1:27)
BUT man lacked attributes at the outset
BECAUSE after eating from the tree "the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked" (Genesis 3:7)
WHICH is a radical change from man's prior condition, "the man and his wife were both naked and were not ashamed" (Genesis 2:25)
MOREOVER man lacked additional attribute
BECAUSE God said "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever" (Genesis 3:22)
YET it is not written that humankind was created/endowed with God's nature
CONSEQUENTLY when God said "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness" (Genesis 1:26), God did generously provide for and limit humankind
BUT the Word of God expressed man's "act" which was to eat the fruit of the tree (Genesis 3:6, the second portion)
WHILE simultaneously the Word is silent about man's "will" in the Creation account
YET Scripture records man's "lust" withWhen the woman saw that the tree was good for food,
and that it was a delight to the eyes,
and that the tree was desirable to make [one] wise (Genesis 3:6, the first portion)
AND in Genesis 3:6, the first portion precedes the second portion
THUS the "lust" precedes the "act"
AND the "act" precedes the punishment (Genesis 3:8-24)
THEREFORE the "lust" precedes the punishment
SO the "lust" occurred in man when man's state was between being created and the punishment, that is pre-punishment
OR, written another way, God reveals man's ability "to do" something or man's ability "not to do" something
SO God distinguishes an "act", or actions, within commands
BUT God excludes explicit reference to decision or choice in commands
AND Lord Jesus declared "Do you not understand that everything that goes into the mouth passes into the stomach, and is eliminated? But the things that proceed out of the mouth come from the heart" (Matthew 15:17-18).
AND a variety of muscles within the human body act to produce atmospheric vibration which results in sounds that can be interpreted as words then aggragated together into communication
SO when a person speaks, a person acts
YET Jesus did not say "when a person decides to speak"
NOR did He say "you are able to choose to speak"
RATHER Jesus did say "the things that proceed out of the mouth come from the heart" (Matthew 15:18)
THEREFORE a person's heart acts
THUS fruit is produced
AND Lord Jesus declared "where your treasure is, there your heart will be also" (Matthew 6:21)
AND the Holy Spirit is precious treasure (John 3:3-8, John 16:7-14)
AND the Spirit of the Living God produces fruit in us believers - the Spirit of Truth is required for us believers to have good fruit (John 15:5, Galatians 5:22-23)
AND Lord Jesus declared "there is no good tree which produces bad fruit, nor, on the other hand, a bad tree which produces good fruit. For each tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they pick grapes from a briar bush. The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil [man] out of the evil [treasure] brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart" (Matthew 6:43-45).
SO like Jesus, we believers must do the will of Our Father (Matthew 6:10, more about this later in "Lord Jesus is focused on the will of God")
FOR we believers are not better than Jesus (Matthew 10:24)
AS evidenced by the fact that we believers act in accord with the will of Our Father in heaven by the power of the Spirit
NOT stagger to and fro in autonomous "will" which is "self will" as the unrighteous do (Amos 8:12, 2 Peter 2:9-10)
BUT the love of Christ controls us believers (2 Corinthians 5:14)
AT the time God commanded the man, Adam, not to eat of the tree
AND the consequence of disobedience is declared - that is that death of the man would result in eating from the tree
YET a command does not convey ability (see also God's Commands Distinguised From Man's Ability)
BUT the language contains a prophetic construct indicating assurance of occurrence - "for in the day that you eat" - the "for" is promissory
NOT a conditional logic construct such as "if in the day that you eat"
IN fact, the English word "for" is translated from the Hebrew word כִּ֗י (ki)
AND the Hebrew word כִּ֗י (ki) contains the meanings of these English words "that", "for", "when" (Strong's Hebrew: 3588. כִּ֗י (ki) -- that, for, when)
THEREFORE the word "when" fits where the word "for" resides in Genesis 2:17
THUS the phrase "when in the day that you eat" is an accurate translation for Genesis 2:17
SO this confirms the promissory nature, the prophecy of man eating the fruit, with the word "for"/"when" in Genesis 2:17
Then YHWH God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him." (Genesis 2:18)
So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place. The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man (Genesis 2:21-22)
AND with respect to the Law, the Torah, the Apostle Peter said "Now therefore why do you put God to the test by placing upon the neck of the disciples a yoke which neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear?" (Acts 15:10)
AND Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy comprise the Torah (the five books of Moses)
AND the Torah (Teaching/Law), the Nevi'im (Prophets), and Ketuvim (Writings) comprise the TaNaKh (a Jewish acronym, roughly the same as the "Old Testament")
SO the apostles explain the Law
AND the yoke of the Law could not be bore by people per Peter
AND the Law is for our instruction per Paul
AND the man, Adam, ate the fruit
AFTER the woman, Eve, ate the fruit
SO Adam, the husband, was removed from the Garden with Eve (Genesis 3:23, Genesis 4:1)
AND Eve, the wife, was not alone
SO this is the foreshadow
AS it is written "He made Him who knew no sin [to be] sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him" (2 Corinthians 5:21)
SO Lord Jesus is the antitype
SEE Adam ate the fruit in disobedience to God
THUS his wife was not alone
SEE Jesus took on the sins of we believers
THUS His Wife is not alone
THEN eating the fruit
THEN giving the fruit to Adam
WHICH fruit also Adam ate
AND Adam and Eve were together outside the garden
AND God designated the woman for the man Adam
AND the man Adam did not abandon the woman Eve
THIS is a shadow
AND God's foreknowledge and predestined plan are clearly visible from the beginning (Acts 2:23, Isaiah 46:10)
AND Jesus and the Bride of Christ, the Assembly of God, are together forevermore in love and joy on Earth and in heaven (Revelation 19:7, Revelation 21:9, John 15:5)
AND God designates we people of the Bride of Christ for the Man Jesus Christ (Matthew 22:1-14)
AND the Man Jesus does not abandon His Bride - the Assembly of God
THIS is the reality
FOR thus the Son of God named Jesus translated is "God saves" says "All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out" (John 6:37)
AND "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day" (John 6:44)
THUS says the Son of God named Immanuel translated is "God with us" (Matthew 1:23)
SO this is the substance
AND God used the words "I will make him a helper" (Genesis 2:18)
SO Adam, the man, was not alone+
BECAUSE God fashioned the woman from the man's rib which God had taken from the man (Genesis 2:22)
SO a part of the man was used to fashion the woman - the woman came from man++
AND Adam and Eve were one flesh (Genesis 2:24-25)
NOW delving into the antitype, God creates us individuals in salvation (James 1:18)
AND God conforms us to the image of Christ Jesus in sanctification (Romans 8:29)
AND in all this God contributes we individuals to the building of God's Temple (1 Peter 2:5)we the pillars and buttresses (Revelation 3:12, 1 Timothy 3:15)we the body of Christ (Romans 12:5)we the bride of Christ (Matthew 22:1-14)we the wife of Christ (Revelation 21:9)we the womanHe the Man
SO the Man, Jesus, is not alone#
SO the Man, Jesus, and the woman, the Assembly of God, are one (John 17:21, John 17:23)
AS the Father and the Son are one
THUS the God, Jesus, builds His body##
AND God establishes blessed, loving, and glorious unity
+ and # see how these two points are related as foreshadow and substance respectively++ and ## see how these two points are related as foreshadow and substance respectively
This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made earth and heaven. (Genesis 2:4)
AND the Creation account is a foreshadow of God's Plan of salvation
AS this prophecy clearly states "YHWH God said to the serpent":I will put enmity between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her seed;
He shall bruise you on the head,
And you shall bruise him on the heel (Genesis 3:15)
WITH the bruise on the Christ's heel at the cross
WITH the bruise on the devil's head being the Risen Christ overcoming death in resurrection glory
THEREFORE God's plan for the redemption of humankind through the promised Christ (Messiah) from the beginning is very good (Genesis 3:15, Genesis 1-31, and rib explanation above)
FURTHERMORE in exclusive power and unilateral might God created the woman out of the man without the woman's consent*
FOR the benefit of the man (Genesis 2:18)
SO it goes with the Bride of Christ for the Christ - God acts graciously and mercifully according to God's good pleasure to add individuals to God's Kingdom (Revelation 4:11)* for that matter, God created the man without the man's consent tooYET this contributes to proof of God's exclusive power and unilateral mightBUT it does not detract from the prophecy discussedAFTER all, Jesus the eternal Word of God became flesh (John 1:14)BY the woman named Mary who was found to be with child by the Spirit of God (Matthew 1:18)CRUCIALLY resulting in the incarnate Lord Jesus ChristBEING fully Man based on the womanBEING fully God based on the Holy SpiritCRITICALLY this beloved Jesus overcame death at the cross to give eternal life to all who believe in Him by the Word (Acts 4:29-32)THEREFORE the serpent bruised Lord Jesus on His Heel (Acts 4:27-28, 1 John 5:19)AND victoriously Lord and Savior Jesus bruised the serpent on his head (Acts 2:23-24, Acts 2:38)MOREOVER Mighty God put on flesh of man as Christ JesusAND fulfilled prophecyAND the first man is from the earth, earthy (1 Corinthians 15:47)AND the first man is AdamAND the first man had a point in time to become fleshAND the second Man had a point in time to become fleshAND the second Man is from heaven (1 Corinthians 15:47)YET the second Man is eternal GodAND the second Man is the only propitiation for men to God (1 John 2:2)AND the second Man is the only mediator between men and God (1 Timothy 2:5)AND the second Man is Jesus Christ, Son of Man, Son of GodSEE the foreshadow and substance:foreshadow) Adam, the husband, had a point in time to become flesh that preceded the woman, Eve, the wifesubstance) Jesus Christ had a point in time to become flesh that precedes the Bride of Christ (Colossians 1:15, Colossians 1:18)
SEE the Gospel of Christ when the definitions are read columnar wise.Name Definition ---- ---------- Adam Man Seth Appointed Enos Mortal Cainan Sorrow Mahalaleel The Blessed God Jared Shall Come Down Enoch Proclaiming Methuselah His Death shall Bring Lamech The Despairing Noah Rest
Christ, foreknown before the foundation of the world, but has appeared in these last times for the sake of you who through Him are believers in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that the faith of you and hope are in God, the souls of you having purified in the obedience to the truth through Spirit into a sincere love of the brethren (1 Peter 1:19-22, see also God Purifies Souls, an exposition of 1 Peter 1:21-22 and 1 John 3:3)
"Father, I desire that they also, whom You have given Me, be with Me where I am, so that they may see My glory which You have given Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of the world" (John 17:24)
this [Man], delivered over by the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God, you nailed to a cross by the hands of godless men and put [Him] to death (Acts 2:23)
All who dwell on the earth will worship him, [everyone] whose name has not been written in the book of life of the Lamb who has been slain from the foundation of the world (Revelation 13:8, see also Grammatical Structure Of Revelation 13:8)
"The beast that you saw was, and is not, and is about to come up out of the abyss and go to destruction. And those who dwell on the earth, whose name has not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, will wonder when they see the beast, that he was and is not and will come" (Revelation 17:8)
nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life (Revelation 21:27)
"Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world'" (Matthew 25:34)
"Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are recorded in heaven." (Luke 10:20)
AND we individuals that comprise Christ's Bride, God knows us from the foundation of the world - God knows us by name
THEREFORE God possesses a predetermined set of people to enter into God's joy as well as to be saved from the wrath of God
THUS the verb is not a contemporary action
THUS the verb denotes a completed action
AND the Apostle John wrote of the exclusive will of God by which all things were created
AND the fruit of we believers is to do the will of God for our Wonderful Savior Jesus is our Example
YET for mankind, a tightly-coupled relationship exists between "self will" and "free will"
AND the Apostle Peter recorded self will as condemnation
AND the Apostle Paul recorded free will as illusory
AND the "self will" and "free will" are the ONLY mentions of each in the New Testament
- The Apostle Peter wrote "the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from temptation, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment for the day of judgment, and especially those who indulge the flesh in its corrupt desires and despise authority. Daring, self-willed, they do not tremble when they revile angelic majesties" (2 Peter 2:9-10)
- Peter wrote "the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from temptation"AND "the Lord knows how" "to keep the unrighteous under punishment for the day of judgment"SO the Lord God's control over salvation is amplified in Peter's writing
- Peter also wrote important points about the unrighteousDARING: the unrighteous do things like claim they choose Jesus contrary to the Lord's words "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16)SELF-WILLED: the unrighteous are self-willedNOT trembling when they revile angelic majestiesBY claiming choice toward JesusSO the self-willed persons contradict the Lord's words of "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19)
- In the unrighteous person's daring self-will, they are condemnedTHEREFORE, "self will" is a cause unto damnation in the New Testament.
- The Apostle Paul wrote of "free will" metaphorically in "but without your consent I did not want to do anything, so that your goodness would not be, in effect, by compulsion but of your own free will" (Philemon 1:14).
- The KJV renders "in effect" as "as it were"AND "as it were" is adverbial with the meaning "as if it were really so"SO "as it were" is the same as "in effect"
- Two literary constructs are "in effect" and "in fact" each with differing definition, here are the hallmarks of each phrase:
An example of each:
- "in effect" expresses differing causes in which a similar effect/outcome occurs (cause and effect); in other words, one thing is different from another thing, yet the resultant effect is similar.
- "in fact" expresses accuracy of fact; in other words, two things that are the same arrive at the same resultant effect.
An explanation of the examples:
- EXAMPLE "IN EFFECT" SENTENCE: In effect, the systems are identical.
- EXAMPLE "IN FACT" SENTENCE: In fact, the systems are identical.
- EXPLANATION OF "IN EFFECT" SENTENCE: Two systems using different means to arrive at similarly identical output despite using alternative avenue/means/cause to arrive at the output.
- EXPLANATION OF "IN FACT" SENTENCE: Arriving at the same output using two exactly same systems or two systems the same in function with few details changed.
- Paul wrote of the outcome "your goodness".
- Paul also wrote of two systems/causes which are (1) "compulsion" and (2) "your own free will".
- Paul's writing indicates that "in effect" is applied to the two systems/causes, and this results in "your own free will" as the illusory system/cause.THEREFORE, "free will" as a concrete system/cause does not occur in the New Testament.
- The will of God creates the new creature, the new thing, the new creation, the born again person, the child of GodAND events inescapably occur according to God's hand and God's purpose
- "Worthy are You, our Lord and our God, to receive glory and honor and power; for You created all things, and because of Your will they existed, and were created." (Revelation 4:11)
- "O Lord, it is You who made the heaven and the earth and the sea, and all that is in them, who by the Holy Spirit, through the mouth of our father David Your servant, said,'Why did the Gentiles rage,And the peoples devise futile things?'The kings of the earth took their stand,For truly in this city there were gathered together against Your holy servant Jesus, whom You anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, along with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, to do whatever Your hand and Your purpose predestined to occur. And now, Lord, take note of their threats, and grant that Your bond-servants may speak Your word with all confidence, while You extend Your hand to heal, and signs and wonders take place through the name of Your holy servant Jesus." (Acts 4:24-30, the Apostle Peter and the Apostle John and the Assembly of God were together when they lifted their voices to God with one accord)And the rulers were gathered togetherAgainst the Lord and against His Christ.'
- Revelation 4:11 relates with "the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from temptation" in 2 Peter 2:9-10
- Acts 4:24-30 relates with "the Lord knows how" "to keep the unrighteous under punishment for the day of judgment" in 2 Peter 2:9-10
- Lord Jesus is focused on the will of GodAND the Son does the will of the FatherAND the Son of God, Jesus, is our believers example (John 13:15)
- "My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to accomplish His work" (John 4:34)
- "Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless [it is] something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner" (John 5:19)
- "I can do nothing on My own initiative. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me" (John 5:30)
- "For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me" (John 6:38)
- "My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; yet not as I will, but as You will" (Matthew 26:39)
- "My Father, if this cannot pass away unless I drink it, Your will be done" (Matthew 26:42)
where a covenant is, there must of necessity be the death of the one who made it (Hebrews 9:16)
"This cup which is poured out for you is the new covenant in My blood" (Christ Jesus recorded in Luke 22:20)
FOR the first nature of all men is enmity against GodMOREOVER, that first nature, the default nature, the enemy against God nature is sometimes referred to as the sin nature
AND that is just like the first man, Adam, from the earth, earthy (1 Corinthians 15:47)
FOR through Adam sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men (Romans 5:12)
AND respecting the first nature all people have no choice in the matter, all people enter life with the sin nature (Colossians 1:13-14, Colossians 1:21-22)
YET people in the first nature are incapable of pleasing God (Romans 8:8)
AND people of the sin nature cannot understand spiritual things of God (1 Corinthians 2:14)
SO God's regeneration of men in the renewing by the Holy Spirit results in a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17, Titus 3:5)
AND by the act of God, the old things passed away while the new creature has come (2 Corinthians 5:17)
AND the "old things", the first and default nature, is carnal/darkness/wicked/evil/dead/natural - in/by/of/for man
BUT the "new things", the God imparted nature, is Spirit/Light/righteous/good/life/eternal - in/by/of/for Christ
SO the "new creature" is made holy by the Holy God named Jesus Christ
AND the "new creature" is in Christ, and only the "new creature", we born again by God, are in Christ
AND in Christ all will be made alive (1 Corinthians 15:22)
FOR the Son of God established the Testament (Hebrews 9:16, Luke 22:20)
THUS Jesus the Lord proved His position of Benefactor in the Testament (John 12:31-33)
"you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19)
SO, clearly, Jesus' words in John 15:16 and John 15:19 state God exclusively chooses us believers by/of/through God
"This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29)
SO, clearly, Jesus' words in John 6:29 state for us believers to believe in Jesus whom the Father has sent is by/of/through God
"he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God" (John 3:21)
SO, clearly, Jesus' words in John 3:21 state fruit in we believers is by/of/through God
"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not be amazed that I said to you, 'You must be born again.' The wind blows where it wishes and you hear the sound of it, but do not know where it comes from and where it is going; so is everyone who is born of the Spirit" (John 3:5-8)
SO, clearly, Jesus' words in John 3:5-8 state we believers being born again is by/of/through God
BECAUSE He said "You did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19)
AND Jesus, Lord and God (John 20:28), did not provide any exception for choosing toward Jesus
AND Lord Jesus speaks to all believers in all time because He also said "I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word" (John 17:20)
AND All these words of Jesus are at the self same supper (see also more of the Word of God integrating all believers in all time at the supper)
SO all glory is God's
AND with man, salvation is impossible (Matthew 19:25-26)
AND all glory in the salvation of man is God's (John 15:5, Isaiah 42:8)!
For thus says YHWH, who created the heavens (He is the God who formed the earth and made it, He established it [and] did not create it a waste place, [but] formed it to be inhabited) (Isaiah 45:18)
"I am YHWH, and there is none else.
"I have not spoken in secret, In some dark land;
"I did not say to the offspring of Jacob, 'Seek Me in a waste place';
"I, the LORD, speak righteousness, Declaring things that are upright.
"Gather yourselves and come;
"Draw near together, you fugitives of the nations;
"They have no knowledge, Who carry about their wooden idol And pray to a god who cannot save.
"Declare and set forth [your case];
"Indeed, let them consult together.
"Who has announced this from of old?
"Who has long since declared it?
"Is it not I, YHWH?
"And there is no other God besides Me, A righteous God and a Savior;
"There is none except Me.
"Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth;
"For I am God, and there is no other.
"I have sworn by Myself,
"The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness and will not turn back,
"That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear [allegiance].
"They will say of Me, 'Only in YHWH are righteousness and strength.' Men will come to Him, And all who were angry at Him will be put to shame.
"In YHWH all the offspring of Israel Will be justified and will glory." (Isaiah 45:18-25)
In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,He was in the beginning with God.
and the Word was God.
and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.In Him was life,
and the life was the Light of men.The Light shines in the darkness,
and the darkness did not comprehend it (John 1:1-5)
the Word became flesh (John 1:14)
as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, [even] to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God (John 1:12-13)
"the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many" (Matthew 20:28)
God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'" (Exodus 3:14)
"Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM" (Jesus Christ, recorded in John 8:58)
"I came forth from the Father and have come into the world; I am leaving the world again and going to the Father" (Jesus Christ, recorded in John 16:28)
Revised Date: Tue Feb 18 02:26:18 UTC 2020